Sunday, August 16, 2009

Baba Ghanoush

The past few weeks my mother has been bringing me some of the results of her bumper crop of Japanese Eggplant.


Eggplant is one of those vegetables that I'm pretty picky about. It has a texture that can be quite unpleasant if not prepared right. Nobody likes spongey or slimy eggplant. In my opinion, you can either bread/fry it, grill it, or roast it and puree into some yummy baba ghanoush, which is what I did today.

I roasted 6 or 7 long, thin eggplants until blistered and browned. You then take the smoky flesh and throw it in a food processor along with tahini, fresh garlic, fresh cilantro, lemon juice, olive oil, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.


We've been snacking on this delicious dip all afternoon, interspersed with breaks for my current home project - painting the kitchen.

Nothing like a nice lazy Sunday at home...

No comments: