Sunday, July 27, 2008

Whoa...dude..........take a look at this mouse......

In the absence of catnip this year, I recently decided to sow some catMINT seeds. Seeing as how my husband and I are obviously getting lots of enjoyment out of the garden, I figured it was only fair to give our two cats a little garden fun as well. I got a late start on planting the seeds, which would have liked to be in the ground earlier this spring, but they seem to have sprouted very well and are developing their true leaves.


The seedlings were finally big enough today that I decided to pluck one and give it a whirl - I have never heard of catmint before and was a bit skeptical that it would be the feline wonderdrug that catnip is. I let both Cal and Ming do some sniffing and drooling and rolling around and this is what was happened:


Fact: Catmint is indeed every bit as intoxicating as catnip.

No comments: