Sunday, April 11, 2010

Indoors and Outdoors

It seems like it's been a while since I've done an update on what my indoor seedlings look like. To be frank, they are threatening to take over the basement, with the tomatoes leading the fight.

"Let us out already!"


"Gimme some sun!"


While we've had a really nice warm spring so far, I'm not going to take any risks by planting them too early. I want to wait at least until around May 1st. Still, it gets a little ridiculous when I'm having to pinch off flower buds from the tomato plants. Next year I'll just have to plant them a little later (if I can force myself to wait long enough).

The outdoor garden is really taking off, too. All seeds are up now: radish, beets, carrots, onions, arugula, mixed lettuce, and dill. I had a slight set-back last weekend when I woke up and saw quite a few crude holes dug into the beds. The neighbor's groundhog is alive and kicking - guess he survived another winter. I re-seeded the spots where he caused damage and decided to put my netting to good use. He hasn't touched it since. My only dilemma is whether or not I need to purchase another net - I had originally planned to use this one for the tomato and pepper bed.

Some highlights...

Dill:


European Mesclun Mix:


Arugula:


Radish (Saxa II):


Golden Beet:

No comments: