Monday, April 13, 2009

Tomato and Basil - A Match Made for the Gods

Take a gander at the gorgeous velvety purple underside of the thyme leaves:


The seeds I ordered from Baker Creek came in the mail today. That means that as soon as I got home from work I scampered down to the basement to get some more seeds in the soil. I had an extra seedling tray that wasn't being used, in addition to the two slots that had been vacated by the zucchini and squash. The two bigger slots were seeded with the two varieties of basil: Fine Verde and Thai Holy Kaprao.


My 40-count tray is now designated "The Tomato Tray". I planted a row of 5 for each of the three varieties that came today: Black Krim, Brandywine, and Green Zebra. I have two more rows designated for the seeds still in transit: Gold Nugget and Black Cherry.


As you can see, I finally broke down and bought some labels. My hand scribbled notes just aren't cutting it anymore. Somehow it makes me feel a little less amateurish...whatever that means!

No comments: