Monday, June 29, 2009

Anniversary

My husband and I celebrated our two year anniversary tonight by grilling out - for the first time - EVER. I'm happy to report that everything was edible, and in fact, quite tasty, even for amateur grillers such as ourselves.


We threw on a couple of our favorite veg snausages from Field Roast - "Smoked Apple Sage" and "Italian". Both were fantastic (even though I'll admit they don't look that appetizing in the picture). I much prefer wheat-based veg products such as seitan over soy-based veg products.

In addition to the snausages, we grilled a cornucopia of veggies: purple onions, sweet red peppers, zucchini, asparagus, and shiitake and cremini mushrooms. I whisked up a quick marinade with lemon juice, olive oil, dijon mustard, fresh oregano and thyme, and salt and pepper.


Our 18" Weber grill is the perfect size for two people. We definitely learned a few things, but all told, it was much easier than I imagined.


So Happy Anniverary to us - I love you babe!

No comments: