Thursday, April 7, 2011

Compost and...Daffodils

I'm no penny-pincher or anything, but I'm kinda proud of myself for finding my newest bargain yard acquisition - an Earth Machine composter for only $15. I was originally planning on snagging one from Hamilton County for $35 - these puppies normally retail for $100! However, why would I pay twice as much when I had already found someone on freegardenshopper.com who was offering a one-year-old used Earth Machine SUPER cheap? Yes, please!


It's not the purtiest thing I've ever seen, but I've got it situated in the back corner of the yard, as far out of sight (and smell) as possible. Now I just need to do some research on the art of composting - what to add, what not to add, how much air it needs, how much moisture, etc. I've been wanting to do the whole composting thing for a while now - as vegetarians we can really plow through some produce. Hopefully I don't create a stinky hot mess...

And on that odorous note, I leave you with a picture of my all-time favorite daffodil - a Minnow!


1 comment:

how to oil paint said...

I like your blog!...Daniel