Sunday, April 3, 2011

Peas, Beets, Radish, and Greens

Today is the first nice day we've had since I was gushing about the weather a couple weeks ago. These chilly past couple of weeks have just been a minor setback, spring is still here - thank GOD.


Went for my normal stroll around the yard this afternoon and there are good things happening in the garden. Peas are up, beets are up, radish are up, and lettuces are up - warms the soul!




The indoor starts of kale and swiss chard are looking good, another set of leaves or so and they'll also be ready to go outside.


Today I sowed quite a few flower seeds indoors, including love lies bleeding, cosmos, coleus, nasturtium, morning glory, poppy, celosia, and sunflower. If I have good success with all of these starts there's a good chance I won't to buy any annuals this year.

A penny saved...

No comments: