Friday, March 20, 2009

Goodbye Winter...

...Hello Spring!


Several more exciting updates already - things are just popping with the balmy weather we've had this week. And I must say, I must be doing something right because every day now there is some new sprout in the indoor nursery.

Firstly, by and large, the marigolds are miles ahead of any other seedlings. Here's how many more have poked through since Wednesday:


And here's a better shot of my freckley thyme nubbins:


Newbies include a lavender sprout, which I will feature once it's more mature, as well as a zucchini, quietly and gracefully beginning to raise his head!


Now that plants are starting to push through the soil, I'm fairly sure that I'm starting several seeds too early and that they might not make it to transplant. The zucchini, squash, and melon are probably premature. Chalk it up to 50% inexperience and 50% impatience. I figure that if they don't look like they're going to make it, I have plenty seeds left and I can just grow some replacements. I guess I was still skeptical that things would sprout to begin with. I'm glad I was wrong on this one!

No comments: