Sunday, June 1, 2008

GOOD NEWS PART 2: Starling Update

So I finally broke down and gave my landlord an ultimatum about these starlings living underneath the balcony. Basically, it was either them, or me. Seeing as how I pay rent and they don't, he came out a couple days after I called him. While his patch-job on the hole isn't the prettiest thing you've ever seen, I think it's doing the trick:

He came out on Friday to repair, and lo-and-behold, I've only seen one solitary starling hanging around since then. I have to say, he seems to be pretty weepy and mopey, justing squatting on a telephone line and looking around as though he's lost. I'm sorry for kicking you out of your nest, buddy! I haven't seen any more damage in the garden, so I think that this pest has been kicked - for now, at least, until they find a new nesting place.

Another good note, looks like we have some ripe strawberries! What a beautiful thing to wake up to...

No comments: