Friday, May 29, 2009

You Know It's Almost June When...


Ruby red jewels grace our porch, surveying the neighborhood:

My little strawberry plant keeps going and going - it's on its third summer. Late May and early June bring dear memories of my Grandparents and their strawberry farm. I've scoped out several pick-ur-own strawberry farms within driving distance and hope to find the time to pick a batch in the next few weeks. The key will be finding a Saturday where we don't have any other plans...berries can't really wait around too long. I'll have to pick and make jam all in one day. We'll see what the coming weeks bring.

The plants outside seem to have recovered from the shock of transplant and the weather. Some leaves have been shed, but inches have been added. I'm anxious for my basil to get big enough to start harvesting. I've had to stop myself quite a few times from prematurely snipping.

No comments: